ss_blog_claim=b6b47dcf87bda39b2b7e72f91125a28b

Thursday, July 15, 2010

It is not the gift but your presence 'COUNT'.

One time J asked me if he can attend the birthday party of his classmate. I 've asked the normal things like who are invited, where is the celebration and so forth. Everytime he will attend a party it is a common thing that B or myself would give him a certain amount of money. J is the one looking for a gift and would decide which one is good and appropriate for the celebrant.

Me : How much is the budget?
J : Can I have Euro 20?
Me : Is it ok if only Euro 10? I don't have enough money (kunwari).
J : (Smiled) Ok, it is not the gift but my presence counts Dad.
Me : Wow! You are that important to him?
J : Yes! And I should be proud coz I am the only 'black hair'.(meaning di puti)
Me : And how come your are important to that party?
J : I don't know, maybe maingay ako, magulo, palatawa. (loud, crazy, jolly person)
Me : You are right. (smiled)


It is really true 'it is not the gift that counts but the presence'.

No comments: