ss_blog_claim=b6b47dcf87bda39b2b7e72f91125a28b

Monday, May 10, 2010

I am ok Dad (but deep inside he is not)

Sometimes ok means it's not really ok. It is like the weather being sunny but nobody knows that behind the cloud something is brewing. Do you ever ask your son if he is ok in school? And do you get an answer from him that he's 'fine - ok, no problem'. How about asking him if he has some difficulty with his assignments - does he reply 'nope'. How about asking him sometimes if he enjoys his new school and he replies 'yap'. You're definitely gonna thank God coz it seems you're not gonna have a problem. But just asking a kid if he is ok is not enough coz sometimes we as fathers should really sense the answer if everything is really OK. Until, the worst day came and I found out that my son is not doing well in his new school. And he did not even care to give all his assignments coz he didn't want to study anymore. How come? What is the problem? Silence. And then he cried. 'Dad, Mom, I am sorry. I do not like my new school. I really love to study in Vienna even if it is far from our home. I love to study in a Bilingual school. I am sorry. I am not OK!' And we embraced him and cried with him coz our kid is not OK (pala)!'

No comments: