ss_blog_claim=b6b47dcf87bda39b2b7e72f91125a28b

Monday, July 5, 2010

'J you should study harder coz you will have a better future!'

One of my favorite Christian book as of the moment is 'The Utmost for the Highest' by Oswald Chambers. It was given to us by our dear kumpare and kumare (J's Ninong & Ninang) and also our previous leader in CFC who has been a friend, 'guardian angel' and adviser when it comes to our personal relationship with HIM. My precious time to read this book is not bedtime, not also when alone but when I am going to work in the morning while riding in ÖBB. Imagine, 35 minutes travelling from home to office, that would be a great time for me. One of the best passage that I always admire is 'Seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you' Matthew 6:33

I am a person who always worried on how to live, thingking of certain amount of money ('I must be clothed! I must be fed') Sometimes my great concern is not the kingdom of God but how am I going to take care of myself, my family, my kids, my work, etc. Jesus reversed it and He likes if I get the right relationship with God first, making it as the primary concern of our lives and never to place our concern on other things in life.

'J how come you are not so serious about your studies, you have to think son that your good future depends upon on how you studied and be focused. You will have a better future son if you have a high profession. You can buy expensive things and when the time comes that you will have your own family, they will not have a miserable life if you will study and finish a high degree' words that always came out to my mouth when J is not learning seriously. But how about God's plan, I believe He has so much good plan for J, M and for every kid out there.



No comments: