ss_blog_claim=b6b47dcf87bda39b2b7e72f91125a28b

Saturday, July 3, 2010

is it ok? (can be used as a replacement of PLEASE)

B and I has been married for about 12 yrs and I could say we are not exempted on trials, problem, stress with kids and we are even active serving the CFC (Couples for Christ). I admire B coz she never been so authoritive and she has been using 'IS IT OK?' as a start of a certain dialogue that needs something to be done like for some instances:

- 'Is it ok if you have time, can you throw the garbage?'

- 'Is it ok if you send some money to my parents, do we have the budget?'

- 'Is it ok if you iron also one of my blazer, if you have time please?'

- 'Is it ok if you check J's assignment? I could not do it tonight coz I will be late.'

- 'Is it ok if we attend the afternoon mass instead the morning one?'

- 'Is it ok if you lower your voice coz it will do nothing if you are shouting the kids?'

- 'Is it ok if you cook for us? We miss your style Dad.'

- 'Is it ok if you could not be a hot temper person?'

You know what, those words mean a lot to me than being an 'authoritive wife'. Sometimes even you do not like to do a request, you will be conscienced not to follow coz it has been said in a right manner.

No comments: