ss_blog_claim=b6b47dcf87bda39b2b7e72f91125a28b

Monday, October 4, 2010

Self-confidence for kids

'I can't play basketball coz I am not too tall for the sport'. 'I can't dance coz nobody teach me how to since I was born'. I can't join the drama play in our school coz I am afraid people might laugh when I deliver my part'. 'I can't..I can't...and please Mom, Dad do not tell me to do it coz I can't!'

It really hurt sometimes if we as a parents hear those words from our kids. Right?! Being a parents, somehow we have the vital part in developing the self-confidence of our kids. How?

  • Give them the opportunities to do things at early age.

  • Make your kids feel good about themselves by saying nice words and full of encouragement.

  • Your kids must learn to trust their own abilities.

  • Teach your kids on how to overcome barriers and obstacles and to be positive again after doing some mistakes or failures. And learn from that failure.

  • Parents should have good self-confidence also. If you don't have also a self-confidence then it is like 'Blind leading the blind'.

  • Remember that you are you and your child is your child. He or she has separate life with a unique set of challenges.

And do not forget

Gentle correction is also important to develop the self-confidence of our kids.

No comments: